The mechanical engineer will play an important role in the design and development of battery modules and packs for use in heavy-duty electric vehicles. The ideal candidate possesses a multi-disciplinary working knowledge, with a background in mechanical, electrical, and thermal design.
EVT Batteries is an innovative startup dedicated to revolutionizing the future of electric vehicle (EV) technology. We are committed to developing cutting-edge solutions that drive sustainable transportation and shape the next generation of EV battery technology. Our proprietary technology brings significant performance increases and best in class safety.
We are seeking a passionate and forward-thinking Mechanical Engineer to join our team and contribute to the development of advanced EV battery packs. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced startup environment, collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists, to design, optimize, and enhance the performance and safety of EV battery packs.
- Generates complete mechanical manufacturing packages for suppliers, including 3D CAD models, 2D drawings, top-level BOMs, part and system-level specifications;
- Fabricate functional prototypes for engineering testing and validation;
- Lead the mechanical design and engineering efforts for EV battery pack development, ensuring adherence to safety, performance, and efficiency standards;
- Create electro-mechanical assembly (specifically battery module and battery pack designs) using parametric 3D CAD tools;
- Collaborate closely with electrical engineers and suppliers to integrate mechanical components into the battery system, ensuring seamless functionality;
- Conduct complex analysis and simulations to evaluate structural integrity, thermal management, and vibration tolerance of battery pack designs;
- Drive innovation by proposing and implementing novel mechanical solutions that enhance safety, reliability, and durability of EV battery systems;
- Participate to prototyping, manage testing and validation processes to assess the performance and durability of battery pack designs;
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in EV battery systems to continually improve product designs.
- Proven experience (5 to 10 years) in mechanical design and engineering, preferably in battery pack development or related fields; (Ex: Electronic packaging, automotive components)
- Proficiency in CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks, CATIA, or equivalent) simulation and FEA tools for design and analysis;
- Strong understanding of battery pack components, thermal management (CFD), and structural analysis (FEA);
- Experience with ASPICE & ISO26262 is an asset;
- Experience with simulation software for battery performance analysis (such as Ansys, COMSOL, SolidWorks Simulation, etc.) is an asset;
- Proven expertise in design-for-manufacturing (DFM) and design-for-assembly (DFA) principles;
- Understanding and familiarity with various manufacturing processes including plastic molding, sheet metal stamping, die casting, compression molding, extruding, …
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, showcasing innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and hands-on experience;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex technical concepts effectively;
- Minimum of a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is also preferable.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative startup culture that encourages creativity, autonomy, and professional growth;
- Competitive salary;
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of electric vehicle technology and adoption by developing the safest batteries.
- Full time in St-Eustache with flexibility to work from home when possible.
If you are passionate about shaping the future of electric vehicles and possess a strong mechanical engineering background with a scientific mindset, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our dynamic and growing team.
Please provide us with a cover letter and resume by clicking the link below.